How to Eat Crawfish
- Order three to five pounds (per person) of fresh boiled crawfish.
- (Optional) Put on a special bib to protect clothing. (This allows a little more freedom with the crawfish.)
- Take a deep breath to enjoy the fullness of the aroma.
- Grab the nearest crawfish off the pile.
- Hold the crawfish with your left hand and gently twist off the tail.
- Take the head and suck the hot, spicy juices out of it.
- For full enjoyment - take your little finger and scrape the inside of the body.
- Squeeze your thumb and forefinger at the sides of the top of the tail, causing the shell to break. Remove the meat and eat.
- Go back to step 4 and repeat as often as you like.
- You'll need a lot to drink so have some cold beverages handy.
- This is a lot of fun with friends and lively zydeco music.